Job Description - Health & Safety Practitioner
Location – Hinckley, Leicester
Team – Human Resources
Line Manager – H&S Officer
Main Purpose -
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance. Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
This role is pivotal in helping Triumph make sense of all health and safety legislation and turning this into policy and practice. This will help Triumph ensure that staff are briefed accordingly and have the right tools to ensure the maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Reporting to the HR Officer who leads on Health & Safety you will work as a key member of a small dedicated team. You will be responsible for monitoring health and safety activities and risk assessments; staff development and training activities; pulling together key management information; delivering new starter inductions; advising line managers on HSE regulations and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, adopting best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities -
• Provides advice, guidance and support for departmental managers with regards to HSE Regulations and standards.
• Produce health and safety statistics and reports and other internal documents to inform the company board, senior managers and staff as appropriate.
• Contribute to the review of all health & safety policies and procedures and ensure compliance across Triumph.
• Perform monitoring activities and risk assessments.
• Support some internal projects including identifying opportunities for improvement and adopting best practice.
• Maintain electronic excel records, and paper based records to include risk assessments, corrective actions, inductions, and compliance data.
• Arrange staff training and development including refresher courses and delivery of weekly new starter inductions.
• Record, facilitate and report on accident investigations, implementation and progress of corrective actions and delivery of objectives.
• Complete audits and spot check working processes.
• Support health and safety meetings including agendas, meeting minutes and follow up actions.
Qualifications / Professional Status Essential / Desirable
1. NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent E
2. Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to engage a range of audiences. E
3. Excellent organisational, administration and planning skills with the ability to self-manage. E
4. Ability to pull together lots of information accurately with analysis and present as succinct briefs. E
5. Ability to work under pressure and effectively to deadlines. D
6. Ability to work under own initiative utilising a proactive approach to problem solving. E
7. Ability to adapt to different working environments i.e. manufacturing, sales, office environments E
8. Good working knowledge of HSE regulations as well as health and safety practices and procedures. E
9. Previous experiences in a health and safety position within a Manufacturing or similar environment. E
10. Strong track record of organising and co-ordinating a range of activities with varying deadlines. E
11. Presenting reports and briefs to a range of audiences. D
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th June 2017
We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here