Job Title: Buyer
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Purchasing Supervisor
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance. Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world. At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride. This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family. Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain commodity strategies for a range of commodities, ensuring that Triumph is kept up to date on commercial and technical developments, as well as potential suppliers
• Evaluate cost data and quotation analysis and identify cost saving opportunities
• Identify supplier risk and develop robust risk mitigation strategies where necessary
• Develop and maintain good supplier relationships
• Full procurement/ supply chain ownership for key suppliers
Essential skill requirements:
• Good communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently with Design and Manufacturing colleagues in addition to external suppliers and other Buyers.
• Good negotiation, project management and problem solving skills.
• The ability to apply logical reasoning to situations and strong organisational skills.
• Good commercial awareness and business acumen.
• Strong numerical, verbal and written skills and experience of concise and accurate report writing.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• The flexibility to travel worldwide for supplier visits.
Desirable skill requirements:
• A relevant business studies, supply chain, procurement or engineering related qualification.
We welcome applications from experienced buyers and also enthusiastic individuals looking to start a career within an exciting purchasing environment.
Full on the job and professional training will be provided for successful candidates.
Additional Information: Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, flexible working hours, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Application’s will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU. The closing date for this role is 31st August 2017
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here