Job Title: Functional Safety Project Engineer (TR162D)
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader - Electrical Engineer
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
We are currently seeking a Functional Safety Project Engineer to join our Electrical Design team to help ensure our electrical systems are developed to both our own stringent standards and to meet or exceed the requirements of ISO 26262. This is a new role within our Design department and will present an exciting challenge to the successful applicant, allowing the opportunity to create new procedures and help define the shape of our future functional safety activities.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Lead and support cross-functional teams on functional safety matters across the entire V-cycle. Application areas include but are not limited to Engine management systems, Chassis systems such as ABS, Electronic suspension & body control modules, HMI systems and cyber security.
• Create and maintain formal documents, including safety cases.
• Develop best practice working procedures to support functional safety activities.
Essential skill requirements:
• A detailed understanding of ISO 26262 edition 2 and based on this, the ability to lead the implementation within Triumph.
• Ability to generate formal documentation to a high professional standard.
• Ability to conduct and review Hazard Analysis & Risk Assessments (HARA), Fault Tree Analyses (FTA), Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) etc.
• At least 5 years previous experience in a functional safety role working in accordance with a relevant international standard (e.g. ISO 26262, IEC 61508).
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
• Educated to degree level in an Engineering / Science based subject.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Previous experience in the definition of hardware and software (ECU) high-level architectures for safety-critical applications.
• Previous experience in an automotive environment.
• Chartership and or evidence of ISO26262 certification and training.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Friday, 14th July 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here