Job Title: Technical Administrator
Department: Product Planning
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Product Manager
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
We are currently seeking a Technical Administrator to join our busy Product Planning department. An essential member of the team, your core role will be to support the Product Planning team in a wide variety of technical and general administrative tasks. There is great potential to develop in the role and learn new skills. If you are looking for a challenge and have drive, determination and a can do attitude, then please apply.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful applicant will work within the design team and will assume the following responsibilities:
• Creation of Powerpoint presentations, including product research.
• Facilitating and tracking Specification Change requests on behalf of Product Planners.
• Supporting procurement.
• Organisation of travel, motorcycle movements and rework.
• Entering information onto a variety of databases.
• General administration duties and miscellaneous projects.
Essential skill requirements:
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Good team working skills.
• Good Working knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically Powerpoint, Excel & Word.
• GCSE Maths Grade C minimum (or equivalent).
• GCSE English Grade C minimum (or equivalent).
• Strong communication skills.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Knowledge of advanced Excel functionality, MS Visio.
• Some knowledge of modern motorcycles.
• Ability to work with databases such as Microsoft Access.
• A levels, HNC/HND (or equivalent) or degree.
This can be a full time role at 39 hours per week or a part time role at a minimum of 30 hours per week. A working week pattern can be agreed around the core office hours
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th September 2017.
We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here