Job Title: Sales Operations Analyst – Europe
Department: Central Marketing Team
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
We are currently seeking a Sales Operations Analyst to join our fast-paced Sales & Operations Planning team, within the Central Marketing Department.
This is a core role with global dependencies. Informed by the companies suite of ‘One Set of Number’ reporting, supplying up to date performance information to global subsidiaries and markets, allowing them to make accurate and informed decisions. With a specific responsibility to support the European markets, you will collate and analyse global market data and Triumph performance to make recommendations with business wide impact.
If you have a practical approach, and an appreciation for the operational differences and sensitivities of vastly different markets ? If you think you can use the appropriate tools, along with impeccable presentation and astute analysis, to highlight critical action points then we want to hear from you.
This is a great role for an experienced business analyst to show their abilities, or you could be a recent graduate ready to develop quickly in a challenging environment.
If you love Pivot-tables, get excited at the idea of a good Vlookup and understand the devil at work in a pie chart then then this could be the job for you.
Duties and responsibilities:
• One Set of Numbers reporting - creation and distribution of global reporting detailing performance across many business areas.
• Responsible for bike supply and stock management, focusing on prompt movement of bikes to market and stock turn.
• Constant challenge and critique of operational parameters including forecast accuracy, stocking principles and supply demand.
• Ongoing engagement, as central support, with USA, Canada, Brazil, Japan, Thailand, and India subsidiaries.
• Provision of ad-hoc reporting to departments all around the business.
• Using company data to create marketing quality presentations for the Sales and Marketing department, including those used at motorcycle shows and launches.
Essential skill requirements:
• Excellent IT skills including good practical knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and Access.
• An understanding of database principles.
• A rigorous and structured approach to work, including on-going incremental improvement and development.
• An analytical mind-frame, able to identify patterns and relationships in data, and then convert these into actionable proposals.
• The confidence and presence to question existing working practices, and develop improvements.
• Resourcefulness to develop new solutions and approaches.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally via telephone and email, including working with a range of international subsidiaries.
• High standards with regards to quality of work and organisation.
• Experience of working as part of a team and demonstrating flexibility when completing tasks.
• Capable of working alone and setting your own priorities on a daily basis.
• Seeking a challenging work environment and is comfortable working under pressure.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate tenacity and initiative, and a real desire to stretch their abilities to the fullest in what can be a pressured but rewarding environment.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Friday, 29th September 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here