Job Title: Treasury Accountant
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Treasury, Accounts Payable & Payroll Manager
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Weekly preparation and presentation to Cash Committee of the 26 weeks Group’s Short Term Cash Flow Forecast (STCFF), and investigating any variances
• Liaison with all Group subsidiary accountants (in relation to STCFF, daily cash positions)
• Liaison with other departments within the organisation (particularly with sales & purchasing to support the STCFF to resolve queries)
• Forecast foreign currency requirements and to recommend forex hedging for the Group to mitigate any foreign currency exposure
• Maintaining the Group forex hedging register
• Liaison with the Group’s banking syndicate (obtaining forex quotes, querying payments etc.)
• Maintaining a register of borrowing facilities used by the Group and forecasting respective utilisation
• Assistance with setting the budget standard exchange & interest rates for the Group
• Budget preparation for the UK interest/bank charges
• Preparation and distribution of the Group’s daily cash positions
• Monitoring cash flows daily • Monitoring of UK cash position to ensure that all accounts are within their facility limits
• Set up payments on a daily basis ready for authorisation
• Processing cash book entries
• Weekly bank reconciliations (15 accounts)
• Month end journals and control account reconciliations
• Calculation and reconciliation of UK interest/bank charges and ensure accrued monthly
• Preparation of treasury related disclosures for the management and statutory accounts
• Adhere to the Group’s policies & procedures and ensure relevant controls are being applied
• Improving and developing current procedures and systems
• Ad hoc tasks/projects
Essential skill requirements:
• A strong PQ/Qualified accountant with a proven relevant experience
• Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate, work with cross functional teams and across multi-cultural environments and to present financial information effectively to both specialists and non-specialists
• Assertive and confident in order to challenge other departments and subsidiaries on Treasury related matters
• Strong Excel knowledge
• Excellent systems skills (SUN, Outlook)
Desirable skill requirements:
• Is honest, hardworking and focused
• High standards in regards to quality of work
• Able to work independently and as a team member
• Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
Additional Information: Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Friday, 29th September 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here