Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Department: Design - Electrical Engineering
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader – Electrical Engineering
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits.
• High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical/electronic components and systems.
• Physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the motorcycle.
• Regular liaison with manufacturing departments and worldwide suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and systems.
Essential skill requirements:
• Hold a BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic engineering or have an HND level qualification and proven relevant experience.
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Possess a flexible working approach and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
• Previous experience in an automotive design environment.
• Experience with MATLAB / FAMOS or other data analysis packages.
• Working knowledge of C.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Friday, 29th September 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here