Job Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Department: Design - Electrical Engineering
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader – Electrical Engineering
Duties and responsibilities:
• Design and development of whole vehicle electrical circuits.
• High level design and specification of a wide variety of electrical/electronic components and systems.
• Physical layout of wiring harness and associated electrical systems on the motorcycle.
• Regular liaison with manufacturing departments and worldwide suppliers to ensure timely introduction of new components and systems.
Essential skill requirements:
• Hold a BEng or MEng in Electrical / Electronic engineering or have an HND level qualification and proven relevant experience.
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including the ability to communicate with overseas suppliers.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Possess a flexible working approach and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Experience with CAN communication and familiarity with CANalyser / CANoe or a similar software package.
• Previous experience in an automotive design environment.
• Experience with MATLAB / FAMOS or other data analysis packages.
• Working knowledge of C.
Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th April 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here