Job Title: Test Engineer
Department: Design and Development
Location: F2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Principal Engineer
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Operation of servo-hydraulic durability rig.
• Set up of test specimens on durability rig.
• Instrumentation, collect and analysis of road load data.
• Arrange total preventative maintenance of test facility.
• Produce test reports where required.
• Create and maintain test timing plans.
• Perform and record all required health and safety checks.
• Develop methodologies and procedures for durability rig testing.
Essential skill requirements:
• Servo-hydraulic test rig operation experience.
• Self-Motivated, enthusiastic and a good team player.
• Good understanding of motorcycle dynamics.
• Sound fundamental structural engineering understanding.
• Flexible approach, balancing multiple tasks to deliver test to strict deadlines.
• Good analytical, organisational and communication skills.
• Hands on motorcycle maintenance experience.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Road load data collection and analysis (Training can be provided).
• Overhead crane operation.
• Competent in MS Excel.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Friday, 29th September 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here