Job Title: S&OP Manager – Parts and Accessories
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire, UK
Reporting to: Head of S&OP
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
Reporting to the Head of S&OP your role is pivotal, ensuring the ongoing development of an up to date demand plan for our Parts and Accessories product range, and then working closely with all internal departments to ensure the required supply.
Key Objectives - Overview
As S&OP Manager for our Parts and Accessories products you will be responsible for supplying the business with a rolling demand plan, building from system based statistical forecasts and applying promotional impacts and market insight, supporting the satisfaction of customer expectations and meeting agreed business KPI’s.
You will need to build strong understanding of our global markets performance, and be comfortable with challenging assumptions to ensure development of a robust demand plan. Ongoing analysis and improvement of Forecast Accuracy is expected.
You will manage the monthly S&OP cycle, taking the demand plan through the assessment of supply capability and operational planning to support its delivery.
It is also vital to stay responsive to short term requirements, and resolve operational issues on a day to day basis.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Run the monthly Demand Planning, Supply planning and S&OP balancing process.
• Maintain a monthly demand forecast for every SKU, for each global market, covering a rolling horizon within the S&OP forecasting environment.
• Utilise statistical forecasting software (currently Forecast Pro) to develop the raw forecast.
• Participate in the annual long term Five Year Vision S&OP cycle.
• Monitor market performance against forecast and instigate corrective actions to improve forecast accuracy.
• Coordinate Forward Order Allocation processes with subsidiaries, down to the global dealer network.
• Ensure that promotional activity is appropriately considered within future forecasts, and validated based upon historical promotional analysis.
• Manage the New Product Introduction into forecasts, by setting the desired business planning parameters and initial stocking quantities, along with the planned supersession of the outgoing products.
• To manage monthly market forecast collaboration meetings, reaching commitment to the forecast to take forward into the S&OP cycle.
• Manage the Parts and Accessories S&OP calendar as well as all other supporting meetings including Global Subsidiary Manager meetings, and monthly Sales Operations Meetings.
• Provide Parts and Accessories demand and supply plans into other areas of the business as and when required.
• Provide clear summary of high level risks and opportunities through the Executive review.
• Ongoing classification of product to determine appropriate forecast intervention, service levels and potential SKU rationalisation.
• Deliver against defined performance metrics and responsibilities.
• Participate in the financial budgeting process.
• Provide reporting to the CEO and CCO as and when required.
Essential skill requirements:
• Demand planning experience and ideally experience of participating in a developed S&OP processes.
• Strong communication skills and the ability to lead a broad cross-functional group to an agreed business outcome.
• Familiarity with statistical forecasting software preferable.
• Understanding of forecasting techniques and replenishment principles.
• Excellent consultative skills, and a willingness to challenge and question.
• A desire to continuously develop business processes.
• Detail orientated, structured with good time management skills.
• IT literate – extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Forecasting software, ERP platforms.
• Experience of managing and leading a broad business group of contributors.
• Ability to work independently, carry out assignments to completion, and effectively prioritise.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Wednesday, 04th October 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here