Job Title: CAD Designer - Powertrain
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Design Team Leader - Powertrain
First established in 1902, Triumph Motorcycles celebrated 110 years of motorcycle manufacturing in 2012. For more than two decades, Triumph Motorcycles has been based in Hinckley, Leicestershire, and has produced iconic bikes that perfectly blend authentic design, character, charisma and performance.
Building around 60,000 bikes per year, Triumph is the largest British Motorcycle Manufacturer and has over 750 Dealers across the world.
At the heart of Triumph’s philosophy is a commitment and passion to develop truly unique motorcycles that offer a blend of distinctive design, intuitive handling and performance to enjoy the perfect ride.
This focus, innovation and engineering passion has today created a broad range of bikes suited to all motorcycle riders, including the striking 2.3 litre Rocket III, the unmistakable Speed Triple, the TT winning SuperSports Daytona 675R, class defining Tiger 800, transcontinental Tiger Explorer and the iconic Triumph Bonneville family.
Triumph currently employs around 2000 personnel worldwide and has subsidiary operations in the UK, America, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Japan, Sweden, Benelux, Brazil, India and Thailand, as well as a network of independent distributors. Triumph has manufacturing facilities in Hinckley, Leicestershire and Thailand plus CKD facilities in Brazil and India.
More power, lower emissions, improved fuel efficiency, better refinement. At Triumph we are committed to developing powertrain technologies to satisfy the performance needs of our customers whilst meeting the environmental regulations of tomorrow. We are looking for a CAD Designer to join our existing powertrain design teams to produce 3D CAD models of complex engine components and assemblies.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Produce high quality CAD models of complex engine components and assemblies including crankcases and cylinder heads using PTC/Creo.
• To accept engineering input from other members of the team and apply this information to optimize the components being modelled.
• Understand and apply manufacturing constraints to CAD models.
• To produce engineering drawings in collaboration with an Engineer.
• Contribute to the Creo Working Group.
• Follow department procedures.
Essential skill requirements:
• A-levels in Maths or Science or equivalent.
• Ability to demonstrate an aptitude for CAD and engineering.
• Excellent attention to detail and the desire to work to the highest standards.
• Strong communication and team working skills.
• Ability to learn new skills quickly and work under own initiative.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Degree in Engineering.
• Good understanding of the casting process and the constraints it imparts on components.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is Thursday, 30th November 2017. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here