Job Title: Systems Support Technician
Department: Design - Electrical Engineering
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader – Electrical Engineering
We have identified a new role for a Systems Support Technician to join our busy Electrical Systems Design team, with the aim of helping ensure our electrical systems meet our stringent quality standards in terms of both hardware and software functionality.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Create plans for, execute and track the roll-out of new software and configuration data across our fleet of development bikes.
• Assist in the detailed documentation of reported bugs during development.
• Interpret functional specification documents to gain an understanding of the intended function of each electronic control unit.
• Create new and review existing ‘End Of Line’ configuration files for development and production.
• Auditing of in-house production configuration processes.
• Perform systems/vehicle level tests to verify correct operation.
• Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
Essential skill requirements:
• HNC level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
• Highly organised, with a meticulous approach to your work, including the documentation of work completed and the ability to follow procedures consistently.
• Strong communication and technical reporting skills.
• Evidence of excellent troubleshooting skills.
• A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel or a similar spreadsheet package.
• A basic understanding of at least one programming language, ideally C or C++.
• Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
• Excellent attention to detail, combined with high levels of determination and persistence, which are necessary to work through often complex issues.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 28th February 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here