Job Title: Homologation Engineer
Location: Hinckley, Leicestershire
Reporting to: Team Leader – Homologation testing
We are seeking a Homologation Engineer to join our busy homologation team based in the Design department in Hinckley. The successful candidate will be expected to work with minimum supervision on the following:
Duties and responsibilities:
• To execute effective type approval test programs for new models, model updates and running changes, all in line with the company key dates.
• To help to devise test methodologies, including the development of cost-effective test equipment.
• To ensure information documents and drawings are accurate and are in line with regulatory requirements.
• To assist in the investigation of regulations and test procedures of markets new to Triumph. This includes any local specificities that may apply including documentation, test lead-times etc.
• To deputise for the Senior Homologation Engineer as requested.
• To advise design staff where necessary on homologation matters, especially where interpretation of a regulation is needed.
• To forge effective and mutually beneficial relations with test houses and type approval authorities.
• To assist with other projects as required.
Essential skill requirements:
The successful candidate will ideally be educated to minimum HND level in an engineering or automotive subject and in addition, he/she must be able to demonstrate the following key skills/attributes:
• Knowledge of, and experience in the type approval of an L, M, N or T category vehicle for the European Union or another major vehicle market such as the US, Japan or Australia.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel overseas to conduct test programs.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th April 2018. We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here