Job Title: Parts & Accessories Quality Engineer
Location: Factory 2, Hinckley
Reporting to: P&A Quality Team Leader
Duties and responsibilities: A vacancy has arisen for a Quality Engineer based in our UK Quality Department. Reporting to the P&A Quality Team Leader. The successful candidate will have responsibility for controlling Suppliers, Products and Quality Systems within the Genuine Parts & Accessories Business. The key responsibilities of the role include; liaising with Design Engineers on component designs, problem identification and resolution, managing the Initial Sample Inspection Report (ISIR) system, Whole Vehicle Type Approval auditing, control of Deviations, updating Quality Manual procedures, visiting suppliers globally and carrying out associated work. You will be required to review drawings in detail between Suppliers, Design and Purchasing, recommend manufacturing processes to suit our supplier base, implement corrective actions and process improvements with suppliers. Additionally this is also a hands-on role, working closely with our Logistics provider to ensure the smooth day to day running of the warehousing Quality operations. This will involve approving stock for production use, managing dealer concerns and reviewing market returns.
Essential skill requirements:
• Previous experience in an assembly / manufacturing / production engineering / inspection environment.
• Knowledge of quality control procedures and systems in a manufacturing environment.
• Previous experience investigating quality concerns and / or problem solving.
• Able to read engineering drawings.
• Versed in Microsoft office applications.
• Full UK driving licence and passport.
• Excellent communication skills.
Desirable skill requirements:
• Previous experience in an automotive OEM or first tier supplier.
• Previous working experience of Initial Sample Inspection Report / PPAP / Component approval.
• HNC or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. (Commensurate experience also applicable)
• The ability to liaise with suppliers at their facilities to resolve quality concerns.
• Previous experience auditing manufacturing facilities.
• Inspection experience or an understanding of 1st principles of inspection.
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate. Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 23rd February 2018 We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here