Job Title: Maintenance Team Leader
Location: F2 Hinckley
Reporting to: Maintenance Supervisor
Duties and responsibilities:
• Maintain and repair Mechanical, Electrical and Electronic systems and equipment
• Assist in running an efficient maintenance operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
• Manage maintenance projects
• Responsible for the safety of individuals on the team and that of those impacted by any maintenance activity
• Understand and work in accordance with the company’s quality requirements
• Perform effective diagnosis of breakdowns and timely repair of equipment to maximise availability
• Perform scheduled planned preventative maintenance in accordance to minimised unplanned downtime
• Record and document all work carried out on all equipment on both paper and electronic systems as is required
• Analysis of issues to root cause and development of countermeasures, improvement actions and/or suggestions to improve
• Control and source maintenance tools, equipment and spares
• Document breakdowns, identifying root cause and remedial action to help identify and resolve recurring issues
• Understand and work in accordance with mandatory requirements of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
• Write reports and present progress at monthly project meetings
• Undertake continuous training and development
• Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required
• Ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting
• Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department
• Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors; project management and supervising and coordinating the work of contractors
• Monitor cost to ensure the most economical/effective approach to maintenance is utilised.
• Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
• Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services
• Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation;
• Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
• Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
• Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
• Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
• Exercise considerable initiative/judgement in work methods and in interpreting and delegating work requirements/goals
• Self-supervising within the guidance and expectations of direct management
• Ability to coach, lead a team of people
• Ability to communicate with clarity, both verbally and in written form
• Demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills;
• Procurement and negotiation skills
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
• Time management skills
• Project management skills
• Research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
• Clear and concise writing skills and the ability to handle long and complex documents
• Team work skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
• IT skills
• A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work.
• Commercial understanding of the impact of failure/downtime on production and ultimately customer delivery
Triumph offers a variety of competitive benefit schemes which can be utilised by all staff including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, a Pension Scheme, Student Loan Repayment Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Childcare Vouchers. Additionally, all staff have the opportunity to purchase motorcycles, clothing and accessories at a heavily discounted rate.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates who have the unrestricted right to work in the EU.
The closing date for this role is 30th March 2018 We reserve the right to close vacancies early, therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible in order to ensure you do not miss the closing date.
If you have any queries and wish to contact the HR team directly, please click here